We all know what a tough year it has been for investors. Stocks and bonds are both down, inflation is high, and it appears that a recession is imminent. The video below is my attempt to help investors understand what is going on and make sense of all the volatility. I call it a deep dive into stocks, bonds, inflation and the economy. I think this provides you with some perspective and maybe a little comfort in a tough investing environment.
The video is only 30 minutes long, but if you’d prefer to skip to the sections that interest you, I provided some time stamps below.
- What’s going on in the stock market? 1:35
- What’s going on with the bond market? 4:52
- How has a 60/40 portfolio performed? 8:55
- What is going on in the economy? 10:25
- What was Wall Street predicting going into 2022? 18:30
- How bad is investor sentiment right now? 21:14
- What can we learn from past declines about when the market will recover? 23:37